Yep! You got it. Delicious Low Carb Bread that actually tastes good. lol There are just certain things that must be incorporated into my life throughout the holidays in order to maintain my 65 lb. weight loss results. Along with a lot of healthy body recomposition as well. All while completely avoiding that awful feeling of deprivation. Especially during the holiday season. You feel me?
Bread, or lack thereof, is probably the biggest complaint I hear from my clients. Most of the time it’s because all of the other low carb breads out there taste like dirt. I hear this alllll the time from the women in my private Keto fat burning tribe for women. (Oh, are you in there?!?! CLICK HERE TO HOP IN!!) I mean who wants to give up bread?! No one I know.
There are actually tons of benefits to low sugar, low carb and Keto friendly bread recipes. The top benefit with this particular recipe is that not only is it gluten free, but the base is flax seed meal. This will yield a high amount of “Net Carbs.” Which is of course exactly what you want if you’re following traditional Keto.
Sidenote: Did you know that only one teaspoon of sugar can suppress the immune system for four hours? Now think of all of the sugary items that are around. And also think about the flus and colds that go around as well. Another benefit? Avoid getting sick throughout the season!
In case we haven’t met, this is Sacramento, CA Nutritionist Dani Conway and I help women *ditch the diet* so they can permanently lose stubborn weight + gain energy! Imagine if you could eat more + weight less. No more being hungry alllllll day long and freaking out about what you’re going to eat for your next meal or snack. If you thought you were the only one, you’re not alone!
I know what ALLLLL of this is like because I experienced it for YEARS. Ready for change? I got you! I coach women just like you with the right fat loss strategies to achieve real results. Stop the YOYO. You will leave the food cravings, sugar cravings and extra lbs. behind as well. I have an online Fat Loss Course and I work with clients individually as well. CLICK HERE to check the Fat Loss Course, **Or CLICK HERE to simply connect with me + get your questions answered.
Ok back to the point. Why DELICIOUS LOW CARB BREAD?! I actually jumped into this LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) way of eating before it was even a thing. That was almost 12 years ago prior to becoming certified in all things holistic nutrition and functional medicine, authoring the ebook, “How to Eat Fat & Get Thin” as well as creating the #UNdiet Fat Loss Formula. I’ve since been featured on Fox Sacramento for multiple foodie segments. I’ve also been featured as the creator of the #UNdiet Fat Loss Formula as well just last month on CBS Sacramento. This is truly the formula to achieve true weight loss, fat loss, energy, and focus.
So, the moral? You can have your bread and have your results too! This recipe is a fantastic, no sugar, low carb, way to keep bread in your life. This Keto friendly recipe will not kill all of the great weight loss + fat loss effort you’ve put forward throughout the year. It’s great for holiday dinners or to keep in the freezer and pop into the toaster oven and have with your eggs for breakfast!
Delicious Low Carb Bread
2 cups flax seed meal
½ cup filtered water
1/3 cup butter (or coconut oil) melted but not hot
5 large eggs
1 tbsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
½ cup Swerve or Xylitol (for Keto) OR 1/4 cup Coconut Nectar**
1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 heaping tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
3 tbsp. Ceylon Cinnamon (or regular Cassia Cinnamon… will of course work too. Ceylon tends to be a bit sweeter and not as “spicy.” Either way, Cinnamon is great for balancing blood sugar!)
2 pinches Nutmeg
Optional ingredients for “Sweet” versions:
Pecans or other favorite nut!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep baking sheet by placing sheet of parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Mix the dry ingredients (except Cacao Nibs/ Chocolate Chips) in a bowl.
- Place all wet ingredients in a high speed blender or regular bowl. (eggs, butter or oil, water and vanilla) Pulse until mixture is combined without over mixing. **I personally just mix by hand!
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients…
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. **I do this by hand as well.
- Continue mixing; the mixture will thicken…
- Allow the mixture to “set” in the bowl for up to 5 minutes.
- Pour batter onto prepared baking sheet and use a spatula to spread into a large circle, square, or whatever shape you desire. The thinner you spread the dough, the thinner your final bread will be. You can also separate and make a couple of mini Focaccia’s!
**Regardless of how you choose to spread the dough, be sure that the thickness is even all over.
- Sprinkle anything from Cinnamon, Fennel Seeds, Garlic Powder, etc etc. on top before baking… it really just depends on what type of bread it is!
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. The bread is done when golden brown on top. It will “spring” back to you when you lightly touch it.
Basic Macro breakdown with no additions or changes from Cinnamon version:
Total Servings: 15
Serving size: 2 pieces of bread… approx. 1.25″ x 3-4 inches.
Net Carbs: 3g
My clients love these types of recipes that they can make large amounts of, and have them in the freezer when they need them. I guarantee you, AND your kids, will LOVE these! Breakfast, a snack, or for a sweet tooth dessert after dinner, these are amazing!! Last and not least, if we’re not already connected on Social, CLICK HERE to find me on Facebook!