This Simple Ketogenic Fat Bomb Recipe will help you to eliminate those cravings any day of the week.
I love this amazing real food, good fat, gluten free, peanut butter and chocolate FAT BOMB recipe. Many people ask me “what are Fat Bombs?” And, “why doesn’t a fat bomb make me fat?”
The reason is that you’re using all of the good MCT based fats that go straight to the liver and get turned into energy vs. being stored as the fat that we don’t want. The proper fats give the body what the liver needs to produce ketones, which are simply a by- product of a health fat metabolism.
Why do we want a healthy fat metabolism?
The benefits of a healthy fat metabolism include fat loss, muscle preservation, fast and sustained energy, reduced brain fog, increased focus, appetite suppression, strength gain, better: mood, sleep, digestion and clear skin.
Healthy treats like this Simple Ketogenic Fat Bomb Recipe are so hard to come by these days and still with all of the “clean eating” efforts out there, when you walk through a grocery store the bars you see in the “health food” section, should really be in the candy bar, junk food section. They’re not real food and they’re loaded with sugar and other hidden ingredients. These types of temptations really make it easy to sabotage all of your good efforts.
And even more beneficial… !
My clients love these types of recipes that they can make large amounts of, and have them in the freezer when they need them. I guarantee you, AND your kids, will LOVE these! Breakfast, a snack, or for a sweet tooth dessert after dinner, these are amazing!!
- 1 1/2 c. Coconut Oil + 1/2 c. MCT Oil
- 1-2 c. Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 c. Organic Shredded Coconut (this is in addition to for the top)
- 1 tbsp. Santa Cruz Organic Peanut Butter (optional – though I add this for the extra “peanutty” flavor!)
- 1/4 c. Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/2 c. Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 c. Organic “PB Fit Powder”
- 1 1/2 Packets “Chocolate Swirl” Ketone Powder
- …OR 1/3 c. Swerve Erithrytol Sweetener (no need for the extra sweetener when using the ketone powder)
- …And if not using Ketone powder, add 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 c. Organic Peanuts, Chopped
- Melt Coconut Oil and Peanut Butter on low just until melted.
- Remove from heat – add to mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients, mix well. Be sure to smooth out any clumps with the chia seeds, PB powder, or ketone powder 🙂
- Pour into casserole dish… choose size based on desired thickness of Fat Bombs! (smaller dish, thicker Fat Bombs, etc)
- … At this time you can add additional nuts or seeds, etc. Or if you have picky eaters, omit ingredients and just sprinkle them over a portion of the recipe.
- Set in freezer (or fridge) … for 5-7 minutes, then sprinkle shredded coconut “topping”… then back in for 30 minutes to overnight!
For questions, or to learn more about how to eat “Keto” or simply how to eat right for YOU and YOUR individual metabolism, be sure to email me at Dani at Nutrition the Natural Way.com for more information!