If you can’t lose weight on Keto, you’re definitely not alone. Or, if you’ve lost some weight and your weight loss has stalled, this is common as well.
As a result of a weight loss stall or plateau, there are many things to consider.
A stall or plateau is usually a month or even longer. Weight loss is not linear and there are so many factors.
So, if you can’t lose weight on Keto, here are just some of the many things to consider. How you’re “doing Keto” can make all the difference. Clean/ dirty? Are you tracking all macros? (Not just carbs) Getting enough protein? Eating enough overall? Too many artificial sweeteners?
Other factors to consider…
What about hydration and electrolytes? We often don’t realize when we’re not drinking enough! Are you on any medications? Incorporating exercise/ movement? Sleeping consistently well?
Of course natural hormone fluctuations will play a role as well. Taking measurements and / or checking clothing fit is often more helpful than scale to see progress as well. Last and not least, other improvements / internal changes will happen before even if scale is not always moving. Balanced energy, appetite/ cravings, sleep, etc.
It took me over a year to lose 65 lbs. But it was the first time in my life (recovered chronic yo-yo dieter here) that I’ve been able to then maintain that loss for quite some time now. I’ve also helped TONS of women do the same. CLICK HERE to check out some client success stories.
Last and not least!
Another factor could be as simple as doing some *intentional* carb cycling. What does this mean? Super simple! Adding in some quality “Choice Carbs” for a day or two to up regulate metabolism. These Baked Quinoa Muffins are perfect for that!
Regardless, keep going. Make some changes and remember that slow and steady always wins the race! If you’re frustrated and tired of the guesswork, CLICK HERE to send me a message and let’s chat! You’re also welcome to hop into my FB community HERE.
Baked Quinoa Muffins!
1 c. uncooked Quinoa
2 Pastured Eggs
1 Red Onion (chopped finely)
3 Garlic Cloves – minced
½ c. Fresh Cilantro (chopped finely)
1/3 c. Roma Tomatoes (diced)
1 tsp. Chipotle Chili Powder
½ tsp. each: Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1/3 c. Grassfed Mild Cheddar – grated
2 Green Onions – chopped
Grassfed Butter or Avocado
- Cook quinoa…. Its about 2:1 water to quinoa. Use 2 cups water, dash sea salt, 1 c. quinoa. Bring water with sea salt to a boil, add quinoa, cover until moisture is absorbed and quinoa is soft; about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep muffin with muffin cups or use a small amount of butter on a paper towel to “grease” the cups.
- While quinoa is cooking, prep all other ingredients.
- When quinoa is cooked… In a large bowl combine cooked quinoa and with all other ingredients except green onions.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups and press down to flatten.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown; remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle green onions on top.
- Serve… we all have different tastes and needs. For anyone who needs a bit more fat, feel free to spread a teaspoon or two of butter on top. Or, serve with salsa and maybe a few slices of avocado! ENJOY!!