This Healthy Egg Frittata Recipe is a great recipe for at home or on the go. It is also conducive to many “healthy” ways of eating… from Paleo to vegetarian to Keto, low carb and more.
This recipe is so easy to customize to your desired Macros as it’s rich in all macronutrients, protein, good fats and carbohydrates!
Healthy Egg Frittata Breakfast
12 Pasture Raised Eggs
1 head Organic Broccoli (or 2-3 cups chopped)
¾ c. Fresh Parmesan Cheese (or Romano if cow’s milk allergy)
2 Cloves Organic Garlic (minced)
2 tbsp. Organic Garlic Powder
¼ c. filtered water
1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper
2 Chicken or Turkey Sausages Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Chop and clean broccoli and bell pepper if adding.
3. Peel and mince garlic…
4. Chop sausages if using…
5. Crack and beat eggs in blender or with a hand mixer; add dash of salt.
6. In a pan, add up to a tablespoon of ghee on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for a few minutes… if adding sausage, cook for 5 minutes. Then add broccoli and cook mixture for 5 more minutes.
7. Add cheese to egg mixture and “fold” in…
8. Note: if you have up to a 15 inch pan that you can bake in, you can simply pour the eggs over the mixture once you’re done sautéing and then bake.
9. OR: grease a casserole dish…
10. Pour sauté mixture into the dish, than pour eggs over. It will fill in the spaces and should come slightly above the mixture.
11. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
12. Remove and let sit for 10 minutes…
13. Cut and enjoy !!
**Cut up and store in the fridge or freeze for the remainder of the week! This is a great recipe whether you simply eat clean or you’re into Keto or low carb. It can also be used on a paleo or gluten free diet as well. You can always leave the meat out if you’re vegetarian. The options are endless!
Need help figuring out what is right for your body and your metabolism? Let’s chat! Any further questions, email me Dani @ Nutrition the Natural Way . com