This is an amazing recipe for Keto Diet Coconut Fat Bombs. This is a fantastic real food, good fat, gluten free recipe made with both coconut oil and MCT oil, the “powerhouses” of energy for training your body to use fat for fuel.
Many people ask me “what are Fat Bombs?” Well, to keep it simple, fat bombs like these Keto Diet Coconut Fat Bombs are a dessert treat recipe that will leave you satisfied and not craving more!
The reason is that you’re using all of the good MCT based fats that go straight to the liver and get turned into energy. The liver aids the body to produce ketones, which are simply a by- product of a health fat metabolism.
As a result of the Ketogenic Diet done right, ketones are made by the body. The benefits of a keto diet include fat loss, muscle preservation along with fast and sustained energy. Some other benefits are reduced brain fog, increased focus, appetite suppression and better mood as well.
Healthy treats are so hard to come by these days!
And, still with all of the “clean eating” efforts out there, when you walk through a grocery store the bars you see in the “health food” section should really be in the candy bar aisle. Because they’re not real food and they’re loaded with sugar and other hidden ingredients. These types of temptations really make it easy to sabotage all of your good efforts.
My clients love these types of recipes that they can make large amounts of, and have them in the freezer when they need them. I guarantee you, AND your kids, will LOVE these! Breakfast, a snack, or for a sweet tooth dessert after dinner, these are amazing!!
- 2 c. Coconut Oil OR 1 1/2 c. Coconut Oil + 1/2 c. MCT Oil
- 1 c. Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 c. Organic Shredded Coconut (this is in addition to for the top)
- 1/4 c. Organic Flax Meal
- 1 tbsp. Simply Organic Lemon Extract
- 1 1/2 Pack / Scoop Orange Ketones
- OPTION: up to 1 tbsp. orange oil or orange extract if you don’t have ketones… or omit the orange and just use the lemon 🙂
- 1/2 c. Organic Chopped Almonds (optional)
- Optional: 5-10 drops Sweetleaf Stevia
- Melt Coconut Oil on low just until melted if not already melted upon storing.
- Remove from heat – add to mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients, mix well. Be sure there are no clumps with the flax meal or the ketone powder.
- Pour into casserole dish… choose size based on desired thickness of Fat Bombs! (smaller dish, thicker bars, etc)
- … At this time you can add additional nuts or seeds, etc. Or if you have picky eaters, omit ingredients and just sprinkle them over a portion of the recipe. i.e.- almonds on half; or even add cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, etc.
- Set in freezer (or fridge) … for 5-7 minutes, then sprinkle shredded coconut “topping”… then back in for 30 minutes to overnight!
You *can* add other items like Cacao powder, protein powder, nuts, various extracts, etc. to change up the flavors! Whatever you use, you won’t be disappointed with these Keto Diet Coconut Fat Bombs!
The key really is to dial in those Macros or Macronutrients, proteins/ fats/ carbs, into a ratio and formula that works for you.