Low Carb Coconut Breakfast Bars
These Low Carb Coconut Breakfast Bars are an amazing way to start your day! You can have them on your own. And, you can have them in addition to any of your favorite low carb or keto breakfast foods.
It’s important to start your day with a protein and fat packed breakfast so that you can eliminate the cravings later in the afternoon! If you struggle with this, you’re definitely not alone.
Another challenge I see all the time with women, especially over 40, is that they are trying to lower their calories in order to lose weight.
This usually results from years of yoyo dieting. And actually what they need to do is increase what they’re eating to their TDEE (totally daily energy expenditure) so that they can heal their metabolism.
It’s also important to realize that the scale is not the end all be all. And as women, we have to adjust our relationship with both the scale and with food! We have spent years causing metabolic damage, hormone imbalances and much more. Trust me, I know… I’m a recovering chronic yoyo dieter!
Would you believe that when I lost weight successfully, I was not eating less than 1700 calories per day?! This is crazy as we think 1200 is the magic number for weight loss. Anyway, if you’re ready to get off the yoyo, CLICK HERE and let’s chat!
Sorry about the yoyo dieting rant…
Here’s the recipe for these amazing Low Carb Coconut Breakfast Bars!
- 1 c. Coconut Oil
- ½ c. Coconut Butter (also called Coconut Manna – Nutiva brand makes a great one!)
- ½ c. Sesame Seeds
- ¼ c. Acai Powder
- ¼ c. Vanilla Powder
- ¼ c. Chia Seeds
- 2 T. Cinnamon
- ¼ c. MCT oil (optional)
- ¼ t. Sea Salt
- 8 drops Sweetleaf Stevia (if using a different brand, start slowly as various brands have different strengths…)
- 1 c. Shredded Coconut (split in half; ½ c. for the mixture and ½ c. for topping)
- Melt coconut oil and coconut butter on low heat
- Remove from heat and stir in all other ingredients
- Pour into Pyrex glass dish, or other dish that can handle both hot and cold…
- Set in freezer to “set”… after 15 minutes, sprinkle remaining ½ c. shredded coconut on top and then place back in the freezer until frozen. Can be as soon as 30 minutes depending on how cold your freezer is!
You can add other items like Cacao powder, protein powder, nuts, various extracts, etc. to change up the flavors!
Questions, or to learn more about how to eat right for YOU and YOUR individual metabolism, be sure to email me at Dani at Nutrition the Natural Way.com for more information!