Grassfed Ground Beef
Red Bell Peppers
Green Bell Peppers
Tomatoes or Pico de Gallo
Large skillet pan.
Optional: Mesquite seasoning
**Veggie option… no beef, lots of veggies of course and increase the amount of black beans per serving. Or, serve a combination of black beans with brown rice as well. If you follow a Keto Diet, best to add some extra avocado and salsa instead of the rice and black beans.
Amounts: 1 lb. of beef, 2-3 bell peppers and 1 onion will feed 3, possibly 4 people depending on size (child vs. adult), appetite, etc.
- Cut up and clean bell peppers and onions…
- Heat skillet and up to 1 tbsp of palm oil; figure 1 tbsp oil per lb. of meat.
- Add spices… paprika, garlic, sea salt (generous amount of each)
- Add meat when spices are slightly sizzling…
- When meat appears to be “half” cooked, then add veggies and cook until meat is done. Then turn off heat and cover for 5-10 minutes allowing the juices and flavors to blend together.
- Heat black beans on the stove…
- Fajitas can be served a few different ways… 1- as just a meat and veggie dish; if you prefer this way, adjust amounts accordingly as you’ll need more per person. 2- with ½ – 1 cup black beans. 3- with ½ cup black beans along with a rice or organic corn tortilla to have more “traditionally.”
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes or a fresh Pico De Gallo and sliced avocado. Add Cilantro and lime as well!
This is a great recipe whether you follow a paleo diet, Ketogenic diet, modified keto nutrition plan, low carb plan or Metabolic Typing. If you’re looking to enhance a low carb plan or even a Keto Diet, CLICK HERE, or email me any time for a 5-Day Experience!Email me any time to Dani at Nutrition the Natural Way . com with questions or CLICK HERE to follow me on Facebook as well!