Baked Quinoa Muffins!
1 c. uncooked Quinoa
2 Pastured Eggs
1 Red Onion (chopped finely)
3 Garlic Cloves – minced
½ c. Fresh Cilantro (chopped finely)
1/3 c. Roma Tomatoes (diced)
1 tsp. Chipotle Chili Powder
½ tsp. each: Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1/3 c. Grassfed Mild Cheddar – grated
2 Green Onions – chopped
Grassfed Butter or Avocado
- Cook quinoa…. Its about 2:1 water to quinoa. Use 2 cups water, dash sea salt, 1 c. quinoa. Bring water with sea salt to a boil, add quinoa, cover until moisture is absorbed and quinoa is soft; about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep muffin with muffin cups or use a small amount of butter on a paper towel to “grease” the cups.
- While quinoa is cooking, prep all other ingredients.
- When quinoa is cooked… In a large bowl combine cooked quinoa and with all other ingredients except green onions.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups and press down to flatten.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown; remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle green onions on top.
- Serve… we all have different tastes and needs. For anyone who needs a bit more fat, feel free to spread a teaspoon or two of butter on top. Or, serve with salsa and maybe a few slices of avocado!
This recipe is great if you follow a paleo diet or paleo style of eating as well as real food, clean eating or eating right for your Metabolic Type. ENJOY!!