Turkey Quinoa Burrito Bowl!
1 lb. Ground Turkey
2 c. Quinoa
2 c. Roma Tomatoes (diced)
1 Yellow Bell Pepper (chopped)
1 can Organic Black Beans
1 Red Onion (diced)
1 Bunch Cilantro (chopped)
1 Jalapeno (diced finely)
3-4 Limes – JUICED!
1 lg. Avocado
Sea Salt to taste
Ghee or Coconut Oil
Option: Chipotle Powder – sprinkled on top
- Cook quinoa…. Its about 2:1 water to quinoa. For this recipe, use 4 cups water, dash sea salt, 2 c. quinoa. Bring water with sea salt to a boil, add quinoa, cover until moisture is absorbed and quinoa is soft; about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking… prep veggies.
- Add red onion to large bowl with lime juice and sea salt.
- Then add other veggies and mix well, “folding” as you mix so that the lime juice “marinates” all of the veggies with it’s flavor.
- Then, sauté ground turkey… heat oil, add garlic powder, paprika, sea salt while pan is heating. Then sauté for 10 minutes on medium heat…
- Set up bowls … add quinoa, then add veggies and “fold” those to mix together.
- Top with ground turkey…
- Then garnish with avocado slices – other options: salsa, cilantro, etc. Be creative!
You could easily make this into a ketogenic diet meal by leaving out the quinoa and simply having this on a bed of spinach leaves. Also adding a few ounces of grass fed beef!