When legumes are tolerated, this “Colorful Bean Salad” is a great option!
1 can (15 oz.) Garbanzo beans, rinse and drain very well
3-4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 avocado, diced into pieces
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 c. chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes cut in half
½ c. finely chopped red onion
½ c. finely chopped cilantro
1-2 T olive oil OR use amount that lightly covers the full salad
Fresh ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Pour beans into a colander placed in the sink and rinse well until no more foam appears. Let beans drain well for at least 15 minutes.
- Blot beans dry with paper towel, place in plastic bowl, and toss with white balsamic vinegar. Let beans marinate in the vinegar while you prep other ingredients…
- Cut avocado into ½ inch pieces and place in small bowl. Toss with lime juice…
- Chop tomatoes, or if using cherry tomatoes, cut in half…
- Chop red onion and cilantro
- Mix onions and cilantro into marinating beans. Then use a large spoon to gently fold in avocado and tomato. Drizzle olive oil over salad and season to taste with fresh ground black pepper and sea salt, and gently toss again.
- Serve immediately, at room temperature or chill and serve!This is a great side dish for lunch or dinner. This can be utilized with various eating styles… real food, clean eating, keto nutrition with the use of supplemental ketones and so much more!