Coconut “Maple” Breakfast Bars! This is Sacramento, CA Nutritionist Dani Conway bringing you an amazing real food, good fat, gluten free, coconut oil, keto nutrition fat bomb style recipe. Healthy treats are so hard to come by these days and still with all of the “clean eating” efforts out there, when you walk through a grocery store the bars you see in the “health food” section, should really be in the candy bar, junk food section. They’re not real food and they’re loaded with sugar and other hidden ingredients. These types of temptations really make it easy to sabotage all of your good efforts. My motto has always been “you have to eat fat in order to burn fat.” Eat fat for fat loss, fast and sustained energy, appetite suppression, better mood, better sleep, better digestion and clear skin. If you follow a ketogenic diet, the body produces ketones from a properly functioning fat metabolism. Being in ketosis allows your body to run on the alternative energy source of ketones.
My clients love these types of recipes that they can make large amounts of, and have them in the freezer when they need them. I guarantee you, AND your kids, will LOVE these! Breakfast, a snack, or for a sweet tooth dessert after dinner, these are amazing!!
- 1 c. Coconut Oil
- ½ c. Coconut Butter (also called Coconut Manna – Nutiva brand makes a great one!)
- ½ c. Sesame Seeds
- ¼ c. Acai Powder
- ¼ c. Vanilla Powder
- ¼ c. Chia Seeds
- 2 T. Cinnamon
- ¼ c. MCT oil (optional)
- ¼ t. Sea Salt
- 8 drops Sweetleaf Stevia (if using a different brand, start slowly as various brands have different strengths…)
- 1 c. Shredded Coconut (split in half; ½ c. for the mixture and ½ c. for topping)
- Melt coconut oil and coconut butter on low heat
- Remove from heat and stir in all other ingredients
- Pour into Pyrex glass dish, or other dish that can handle both hot and cold…
- Set in freezer to “set”… after 15 minutes, sprinkle remaining ½ c. shredded coconut on top and then place back in the freezer until frozen. Can be as soon as 30 minutes depending on how cold your freezer is!
You can add other items like Cacao powder, protein powder, nuts, various extracts, etc. to change up the flavors!
Questions, or to learn more about how to eat right for YOU and YOUR individual metabolism, be sure to email me at Dani at Nutrition the Natural Way.com for more information!